I'm a huge fan of mushrooms, because of the taste and their health benefits. They are a good source of protein as well as antioxidants such as selenium, and vitamins as vitamin B12.
They are also cholesterol free and very low in fat, so it's a good point in you are on a diet or worried about your weight.
If you choose white mushrooms for your recipe, they are also a good source of vitamin D.
It's very important that you cook mushrooms throroughly, in order to breakdown small amounts of natural toxins that they can have and their taste is better after cooking.
You can enjoy this recipe as an appetizer or as a side for a main dish, it's very easy to prepare and also you don't need too much ingredients to make it.
- 8 white mushrooms(brushed and clean)
- 2 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 2 garlic clove finely chopped
- 3 iberico ham slices finely chopped
- 4 tablespoon olive oil
- 50 ml tablespoon white wine
- salt to taste
- black ground pepper
- Remove stems from mushrooms, and dice the stems. Set mushrooms caps aside.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over low heat and add garlic and parsley and saute for 1 minute.
- Add iberico ham and mushrooms steam, saute for some minutes and add white wine.
- Add salt and black pepper and cook until there is no more liquid.
- Set aside and reserve.
- Heat 2 tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet and cook mushrooms cups for both sides.
- Add salt and ground black pepper to taste.
- Stuff mushrooms caps with the iberico garlic ham mixture.
- Serve hot.